The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A recent thread about Mountain Hollow turkey calls brought up the name of its deceased former owner, Ronnie Johnson, and through conversation, I was able to make contact with one of Ronnie's buddies and fellow callmaker, Lee Bowles. Lee traveled to shows and calling contests with Ronnie, and the two knew each other quite well. I told Lee how I knew Ron, and of the calls of his that I had collected over the years, and offered up one to Lee in remembrance of his old pal. Well, Lee responded that he had plenty himself, and my offer to him was mighty generous, and he must have taken that to heart. Well the other day, along comes this call, a beautiful wingbone call, fashioned from 3 bones from a gobbler wing, with a "full wrapped" center section, and a deer antler lip stop. Lee signed it out to me and autographed it, and included a nice camo tube bag to carry it in, its just fabulous. It really runs good, and I'm no master at bones, its just that pure and easy to play. I have hundreds of calls in my collection, but few of them mean as much to me as this one does. Its ironic that a friend's passing, on Oct. 28, 2006, brought two other people together in March of 2013. Now all that is left is to harvest a bird with it . Thanks Lee for the thought !! , Lonnie

·
Registered
826 Posts
jamie r said:
I have a few of SP Boss calls my self love them all!
You have more than a few just in your vest, not counting all of the ones on your shelf. Ha!Ha! Won't be long now, Brother. Early rises and long afternoons on the porch replentishing our fluids!!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
hey SP
i got some pics done tonight of your calls
if you don't mind i'll post them in the turkey forum

·
Registered
826 Posts
Thanks Buddy, I'll see ya in a week or two for some "porch time".

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
That is an awesome wingbone and those little dandy's can make a bad hunt go good. Nice job, I like the looks of that call!

·
Registered
826 Posts
rsmithpa said:
That is an awesome wingbone and those little dandy's can make a bad hunt go good. Nice job, I like the looks of that call!
Thanks Smitty, I will be making something similer for our SES chapter banquet in July.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts