The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

South Paws AKA left Hand

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  700varmint 
#1 ·
While in the USCG we used M1's in bootcamp...Bummer for a guy that right RH but shoots a gun and bow LH.. I managed...I just made it work..Later on in the field..No longer in bootcamp we used M16's. Same thing all RH. I favored the model 1911 pistol more so then the long gun because of this..
Now I favor single shot guns because of the LH eye dominant thing....However do own a few LH guns. Just could never get the calbiers a fox hunter requires...Nice those Encores...Good for South Paws AKA Left Handers.

#3 ·
Seems like Rem sale the 700 BDL in 243, 308, 3006, 7MM Rem mag. That has been the way it has been for years..
Nice that Rem now sale the LH in the 17 Fireball. I don't own a Rem Bolt Action 17 Rem Fireball but now that option is there for the fox and coyote hunter..
Yep that probably would be a nice, a 22 Hornet in LH. Um I think Tika also sale some LH calibers too..At one time the 17 Rem CF. Might even be able to get a 6.5 Swede in LH from Sako or Tika?
Now that would be a cal I would like in the LH bolt. The 6.5 Swede.
22 Hornet is great for fox but the 17 Fireball would be outstanding for chucks, fox, bobcat, and coyotes...

#5 ·
No but I have predator hunting friends that use them and they have killed everything with them I mentioned. They do not blow up the pelts..
Since I have been around hunting predators for awhile I use the 17 Remington...That to is an outstanding chuck, bobcat, fox, and coyote gun..
However that not to say I would not buy one but it will be in an Encore barrel not a Rem Model Predator bolt action.

However once you even hunt chucks with the either of the 17 CF you will say to yourself "Why Have I Not Been Doing This All Along?"

#8 ·
Browning makes a LH bolt action 22 hornet. I am LH also I have no problems operating the M16 at all the only thing that I have real trouble with is the AT4 sinc ethat is RH only and I only ever fired one twice. I have lots of LH guns mostly remington actions but browning,winchester Tikka and savage all offer guns in LH as well as CZ. it used to be really difficult to get what you wanted in LH but now its not so bad.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.