The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
This sounds like a good trip but I do all my hunting down south in North Carolina. Been so for 3 years. I hunt with Choanoke Outfitters. 3 years ago I shot 2 small 8s, 2 years ago I shot 2 beautiful 8s and last year I shot an 8 and 9. And almost everytime I was on stand I could of shot doe. Last year I went down twice for a doe hunt during the last week in December and saw 12 different bucks in 3 days of hunting and I shot 3 doe. It is a great place. Yop notch. And probably a little cheaper on the Wallet. I will be down with my girlfriend the last week in Decemeber again and I am pretty sure he gives some good pretty prices the last week. Not trying to pursuade you but that is a recommondation for down south hunting

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Yes the website is Choanokeoutfitters.com

I go down in late December because of usually no other people are at the camp that late and it is just like being at home. It is owned by Zane and Josh Roberts. They drop you off in the morning about 45 minutes before light. You can pretty much pick what kind of terrain you want to hunt. Fields, Tower blinds looking over trails cut out of the thick stuff, Cutovers. Swamps. But they will tell you where they have been seeing deer. Like I said I will be down there either the last week in December or the second to last week with my Girlfriend. Maybe by then my fiance. But Give Josh a call. He is real easy to talk to and will answer any questions you have. His number is 252-395 0008.
Tell him Dan Hocker told you about his place.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts