The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last 2 afternoons there's been waves of high flying Honkers, all headed South.
Add in the colder weather headed to the Northeast and it would seem the migration is finally on.
Ducks should be coming too.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm seeing the same thing. Saw a couple flocks of high flyers going through. It's a good sign! This weekend should be good hopefully.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Still NOTHING here and I'm right on the shore of lake Erie so I'd know and believe me, I'll be the first one to yell if I see some migrators comming through!! Might be some birds comming accross the southern tier of NY but I don't live or hunt there.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I've been outside since 2pm deep frying a turkey and have had 4 groups come thru real high. The one group disappeared in a cloud for awhile!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
We have a blizzard warning for the area starting tomorrow and running into Thursday. While We don't need a blizzard, I would LOVE to see the temps not go from 26 at night and snow a 1/2" to 36 and sunny the next day, which has been happening since we got the last patch of weather. Some nice firgid nights in the low 20's and about 6-8" of snow would be just about perfect.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just took dog out for a evening stroll and she kept looking up at the sky after about two minutes i could hear the honks of migraters on the move! And what a great sound it was!

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Left the dog out this morning at 4:30 and was greeted to the sounds of honking.
Guess the migration has been nonstop the last 24 hours.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Ive seen the same here in NW bucks county. Birds have been pushing in steady for last 36 hrs. Heading to the roost tonight to see what has moved in. There were a group of blacks hanging out the on christmas eve.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
High flying ducks too headed for Daytona Beach!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
My kills have jumped significantly in the last week. I went from stale locals to fresh birds in small patches just about everywhere I looked. 10 on Saturday, 3 on Monday, 2 during the 5 inches snow squall in the afternoon. If you live below 80 and in western Pa, there are birds to kill. I have a feeling that a lot of guys hung their spurs up for the season when deer came and left, because I have been alone scouting and hunting except one trip. Some guys came in behind me and sat on the X 100 yards away. That didn't matter, I still killed more birds than they did.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
High flying ducks. Hopefully the snow falling tomorrow morning will keep them closer to the water!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I seen more Canadas this morning and snows creeping pass our spread...i was hopeing the weather would help..but it did nt....anyways thr migration is on.....

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Was out for a look today, lots of Canadas and snows around the lehigh valley still. Passed one field around 3pm, a few thousand of each feeding in it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts