The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

Registered
Turkey corn with big ribble's using the legs/thighs from a wild turkey. Only use frozen sweet corn, add some extra wide egg noodles, parsley, salt and pepper.

Registered
Another vote for Ham and Bean soup. I've been using bear hams recently. My grandparents took me to the McClure Bean Soup Festival back in the 80's. That was the first time I ever had it. It didn't look very appetizing to me, but once I had that first taste I was hooked!

Super Moderator
I used to work with a guy that was single or divorced or whatever, but we called him the Soup N-zi. Once a week he would make soup for our entire section. All different kinds, and not a bad one ever. There was about 30-40 of us in the section, and everyone would throw in a buck or two to cover his costs. Looked forward to soup day each week!

Registered
Another vote for Ham and Bean soup. I've been using bear hams recently. My grandparents took me to the McClure Bean Soup Festival back in the 80's. That was the first time I ever had it. It didn't look very appetizing to me, but once I had that first taste I was hooked!
Been to the ham and bean fest in Mclure. Very good stuff. Love ham and bean!

Registered
Creamy baked potatoe soup or kielbasy soup with a piece of butter bread. Both will warm you up and stick to your ribs. My wife makes a roasted tomato and jalapeno soup in the summer with stuff from the garden. We freeze it in jelly jars and use as needed. Served with toasted cheese. I might just need a minute.

Registered
My wife hates watery soups, The thicker the better and if she can eat it with a fork, so much the better. Our ham and navy bean soup stays in a pile on the plate. We bake ham hocks to make the Ham green bean and potato soup and she loves any kind of Pa Dutch pot pie (not the baked in a crust pot pie) Even our chicken corn soup is thick like potpie. About the only thin soup we ever have is tomato soup. Then it only gets part of the water the directions call for. It gets a dash of Adobo and is served with grilled cheese made with sourdough bread and Monterey jack cheese. Sometimes even some fried sandwich steak in the grilled cheese sandwich.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts