The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using the handycam line? I just picked one up for a good deal HDR-CX160 for the upcoming season. It's HD and its my first camera.

What kind of mounts do you use / like? I'm looking at making a few. I currently have one that bolts onto the treestand.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Use any of the tree arms that you can afford obviously if the more quality movement you want the more you'll spend. Also see if your camera has a remote control for zoom control that has a on off button and record button. I found one that plugs into the camera and then it attaches to handle of the camera head arm. All I have to move to control the camera is my thumb.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I started out with a HandyCam. They are decent little cameras. I didn't find it ideal for certain situations but overall I made some decent videos with it.
Of all the things I film, I've found deer hunting to be the most challenging with any camera setup. Especially considering DSLR cameras happen to be my favorite and I'm usually to afraid to take ours 20 feet up in a deer stand.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of software do you guys like / use for editing. I'm starting out with some real basic stuff. Probably whatever came with Windows 10.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Nick,
I don't post much here, but I've been working with video professionally for almost 2 decades. If you shoot good video, with decent lighting, hold the camera steady and do not zoom in and out too often, all you need it simple cuts. Maybe a dissolve here or there. The key is to shoot good footage, and the editing will be that much easier.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
zachbyrd said:
I started out with a HandyCam. They are decent little cameras. I didn't find it ideal for certain situations but overall I made some decent videos with it.
Of all the things I film, I've found deer hunting to be the most challenging with any camera setup. Especially considering DSLR cameras happen to be my favorite and I'm usually to afraid to take ours 20 feet up in a deer stand.
Thanks for saving me all the typing. Took the words right out of my mouth

1 - 6 of 6 Posts