The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We live in such a artificial world and it keeps getting worse by the moment. Materialism and status . Searching for comfort in stuff that is only temporary. The only things that are pure to me is my family, close friends and the outdoors.
I work to provide a good life for my family and to be able to hunt. When I am in the woods the last thing on my mind is Joe Biden and the “woke” . Not saying this stuff isn’t important but you need to escape from it and there is no better way to accomplish this than by immersing yourself in the outdoors.
Anyhow I know the title of my thread seems extreme but it’s not meant to be taken literally. Just sort of a wake up call . I also understand it’s frustrating when you’re having a slow season or you weren’t able to take that buck you were dreaming about all year . Been there countless times. With that being said there are some of you who had a opportunity to spend a decent amount of time in the solitude of the outdoors and accomplished so much without even realizing or truly appreciating it because you were worried about the end goal . Getting out there and away from modern society was the accomplishment. A dead deer is secondary.
Don’t ever take for granted how special those moments are . Even if they were uneventful because a majority of our society will never get to experience it or try to understand it .
Every time you take to the woods just remember you’re doing something unique and truly magnificent. The kill is just icing on the cake.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
We live in such a artificial world and it keeps getting worse by the moment. Materialism and status . Searching for comfort in stuff that is only temporary. The only things that are pure to me is my family, close friends and the outdoors.
I work to provide a good life for my family and to be able to hunt. When I am in the woods the last thing on my mind is Joe Biden and the “woke” . Not saying this stuff isn’t important but you need to escape from it and there is no better way to accomplish this than by immersing yourself in the outdoors.
Anyhow I know the title of my thread seems extreme but it’s not meant to be taken literally. Just sort of a wake up call . I also understand it’s frustrating when you’re having a slow season or you weren’t able to take that buck you were dreaming about all year . Been there countless times. With that being said there are some of you who had a opportunity to spend a decent amount of time in the solitude of the outdoors and accomplished so much without even realizing or truly appreciating it because you were worried about the end goal . Getting out there and away from modern society was the accomplishment. A dead deer is secondary.
Don’t ever take for granted how special those moments are . Even if they were uneventful because a majority of our society will never get to experience it or try to understand it .
Every time you take to the woods just remember you’re doing something unique and truly magnificent. The kill is just icing on the cake.
Well said buddy !! I have people tell me you better take a buck this year because you haven't shot one in 4 yrs ! I then reply to them that my goal is different than there's ! It's the chase of the old mature bucks that I like to challenge myself with and it's not that I couldn't have taken a buck but it was my choice to pass on the 4 or 5 that I passed on. It's not just the kill that gets me it's everything building up to that point ! I don't have to kill something just to post it to facebook to show that I killed one and get the pats on the back. When I set out to harvest a nice buck I set my sights on that deer. But I will take another good buck if it comes along if I'm happy with it ! I get asked how big a deer has to be for me to shoot it and I say I can't tell you that because if it makes me happy at that point and time I will shoot it and if not then I will pass it. But it all boils down to being my choice at that point and time !

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
This is where I am!!!! Turned most everything else off!!!! Hate the agenda going on !!!
Take the family to church every week…I say all the time I hate people( not really). But I know what you are saying. Everything is so disingenuous.

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Being that my life sort of revolves around family and hunting I sometimes have this misconception that our community is a lot larger than it really is. The fact of the matter is we’re very small in number in the grand scheme of things and a dying breed.
Kind of sad and I try not to think about it too often . In the meantime I will keep getting out there and trying to make all the dreams that were spawned in my youth from reading articles and looking at the artwork in magazines like PA Game News become reality.

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sometimes I Just Want to Smack People

Why do you want to smack people? It's not clear from the original post.

I'm guessing the REAL reason is that someone ate the last piece of pumpkin pie.
They better not of ! I am at work today and everyone else is home.

·
Registered
270 Posts
One of the hardest things I ever done was to learn how to forgive People. When I hear someone talking about hate and discontent I remember that’s their problem not mine.

I love to hunt, killing a animal is way down on my list as far as a rewarding day. This year I hunted with a longbow and off the ground. I had 5 deer within 15 yards of me and didn’t fill a tag. Some would say that was a disappointment but it was one of my best years. So the question is am I a good hunter, I haven’t killed a deer in quite a few years or am I a terrible hunter. The answer is “Who cares”.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts