The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daniel Richard Horning, 26, Mason Dixon Highway, was the second man to be charged in the incident. <span style="font-weight: bold">The Pennsylvania Game Commission charged Horning with five counts of unlawful killing or taking of game — one felony and four misdemeanor counts. Timothy Allen Sutton Sr., 47, of Garrett was arraigned on the same charges Dec. 21.</span>

On Nov. 28 the commission received a call that Sutton and Horning had nine deer hanging from a roof in a Summit Township building. ..........

Authorities seized four whole deer and parts of a fifth deer.

Horning told an officer that he had taken the head and hides from the three other deer and dumped them over a bank along Sand Spring Road, Kramer wrote.....

Horning is in the Somerset County Jail on a parole revocation. His bond was set at $100.

http://www.dailyamerican.com/da-ot-...llegal-deer-killings-20121227,0,1595797.story

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
A $100 bond?!? Ridiculously cheap for the crime, they need to get harsher on this in my OP.

A few days ago I was at a friend of a friends place on 100 acres helping w/ some muzzleloader drives. Was the 1st time I've ever seen the PGC ribbons on the way down the private lane stating no hunting, baited area on the neighbors property. Apparently someone next door got caught baiting....what a shame. We stayed well clear of the area on our drives but I have to say it was disappointing to see. We were at least a mile further in past the last ribbon but even then I felt awkward just knowing about it. Frustrating to put so much time and effort into the chase, seasons after seasons, to see people continue to try n take the easy way out.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I spoke to a WCO about a kid that works on the farm I hunt. This kid was bragging that he shot 40 deer over the summer. I found them in piles all over the farm. The farmer doesn't care because it helps him. The WCO told me that there is a fine line between poacher and controlling crop damage. Then he told me that there is nothing he could do. Made me sick especially since I did not see a single deer on six different sets there. Heavier fines and jail time for poachers would make me happy.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
That does not meet the definition of crop damage, call the regional office

·
Registered
222 Posts
If he was on parole, he should not have been anywhere a firearm. The shame of it is, he's so young so you and I will be paying for his medical/dental/meals/housing for a potentially long time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts