The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone here knows because PA is the pump gun capitol of the world I picked up a Savage 170 B series 30-30 (lucky me) it’s about an 80 percent now this one has an 18.5 inch barrel its number is C482XXX. It was very dirty and had a few small areas of surface rust and 40 plus years of WD40 in the action. My question is did they make carbine’s what year do think it was made and an approximate value? I wanted one for years and I think I did well $150.00

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Yeah I remember them well, I remember seeing them also in the 70's but it seemed they went about as fast as they came. They were made a little sloppy compared to the 760's the day and only in a few cartridges like 30/30 and I think .35 rem but would say that for sure. Heck it's worth you $150, after all that's only a good tankful of gas these days. Hope you enjoy it and shoot it, don't save it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6-DASHER said:
Yeah I remember them well, I remember seeing them also in the 70's but it seemed they went about as fast as they came. They were made a little sloppy compared to the 760's the day and only in a few cartridges like 30/30 and I think .35 rem but would say that for sure. Heck it's worth you $150, after all that's only a good tankful of gas these days. Hope you enjoy it and shoot it, don't save it.
Oh it going to the woods I need a knock about rifle and I just got back about a hour a go I didn't do what I wanted I mounted a 1.75 X 5 X 20 on it got it on paper at 25yd and moved it to 50 yd and put 3 shots in about 1 1/4 inch bull it worked flawles the weather turned back to rain so it put me indoors I dont plan on doing any more to it just take it out and use it for what it is a tool

1 - 5 of 5 Posts