The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the Fed shutdown the youth pheasant hunt is up in the air on some areas designated in the Digest...

The Tioga Co designation is all Army Corps of En gineer property..Even the alternate due to flooding is Fed Prop...

Just got off the phone with North Central to ask what contingency plans are in effect...Have to call back later.

Just wanted to post a heads up for those planning on participating in this years hunt. Check your areas ahead of time!!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
The sheik won't play ball and is "closing" the play grounds in a tantrum, absolutely ridiculous.

Hopefully the kiddos don't lose out.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
York county hunters should be aware that what is typically referred to as the york new salem or indian rock sgl is actually USACE property. I know it is a popular pheasant hunting grounds and included in the youth hunt list. Hope this gets cleared up soon.

·
Registered
24,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got off phone with North Central

Some areas are definitely closed...

However the ACE property in Tioga which was the basis of my inquiry is open and will be utilized for the Youth hunt...

Looks like interested parties will have to inquire on an individual basis to ascertain if the hunt will occur in the scheduled areas...

That's all I GOT FOR YA

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I talked to the southcentral office of the PGC and was told that the York New Salem Gamelands would still be open for hunters. Hope he was correct.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I just called SW office. Army Corp lands open to hunting and will be stocked for youth hunt.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Timbedoodle if worse comes to worse... Message me and there is an alternative game lands that apparently is getting a stocking. I've already been looking at potential contingency plans bc of Obama's temper tantrum.

·
Registered
24,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, but I won't be effected...I was posting for those that will be attending and may not be aware of the potential problems...

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I just followed up with the northcentral region office... They stated that for the Tioga-Hammond Dam area they have been working with the ACE to keep the area open and that hunters will have all the traditional access.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts