The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been awhile since I've shot my new TVM Leman. I got it last summer and got some bench time with it. I had used 2f powder, a .530 ball, and a .015" patch. It shot okay, I knew I had to work on it. Well I finally got around today to "working" on it. I packed up the truck and off I went to the local range. It was under repair, so I decide to drive to the range in Dyberry. They have a 25 yard line with some benches on one end. My local range does not have this, I shot at 50 yards from a bench last year. I have always shot 2f in both my flintlocks, accuracy was okay, and it had a soft recoil. Today I used 3f in the barrel instead of the 2f. I lowered my charge from 80 grains of 2f to 70 grains of 3f. The recoil was a bit sharper, but my groups were fantastic. I will try again soon at the fifty and see if I can duplicate, or come close, to these groups. First photo has 4 shots in it. After a slight windage adjustment I shot two more times on a new target. Yes there are two holes there. This thing is a tack driver. I can't wait to try longer shots to see how she does.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
very nice ive always like 3f better then2f in my 50s is that off the bench or free hand because if thats free hand i want you on my team lol

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I used two rests, front and rear, to try and takeout the "human" element to see what it could do. I was very impressed. Next time out I'll see what I can do at the 50 yd line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts