The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you who know me may be surprised at the video. Most guys know me as a long time setter man. I guess when I got Ralph my interest in English Pointers increased. A customer from Kentucky wanted a pointer pup. I found a litter and I liked them so much that I bought 3. Of course, 1 is going to Ky, 1 is going to a friend and customer from the Phila. area and the black and white pup is staying right here at Knob Mtn.

I hope the You Tube link works for everyone. The pups are 10 weeks old when I made the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRjwjAQmshY

·
Registered
24,784 Posts
Re: Some puppy fun at Knob Mtn Kennel

Worked great so did "more puppy fun"! Best of luck with em Tom!! Have some fun yourself!!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts

SOme great looking pups. Ralph really made me look at Pointers more. I love his look and style.

Setters are pretty and I love the breed, but their shorthair cousins can bring a smile to my face.

·
Registered
144 Posts

Congrats Tom, they look great! Looking forward to watching you develop them into classy bird dogs.

Dennis

·
Registered
964 Posts

Having trouble with Adobe flash player on this computer. Guess I'll just have to wait till next week and see them in person. If they're anything like Ralphie they'll be some classy bird finders! I've always had a soft spot for pointers but have never owned one. Now that I've finally broken the ice and gotten a setter, who knows what'll be next??

·
Registered
365 Posts

Yeehaw!! That's a pile o'fun right there Tom!! Send that lemon/white pup north to me for a while!

·
Registered
2,436 Posts

Very nice Tom. Man I can not wait for my pup to get here. Having s pup around again is going to be fun. Good luck with the pointers, cant wait to see them in action!!

·
Registered
235 Posts

"Some of you who know me may be surprised at the video. Most guys know me as a long time setter man. I guess when I got Ralph my interest in English Pointers increased"

Well Tom it is never too late to realize your mistakes!LOL Welcome to the pointer world! Seriously good luck with the pointers!! And looking forward for the future pics.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

quote: "Well Tom it is never too late to realize your mistakes!LOL Welcome to the pointer world!"

I've been in the pointer world for a long while. Its pretty hard to have competed with grouse dogs for close to 40 years and not have trained a few pointers. Don't forget about my current Ralph

And here is a pointer that I owned 15 years ago:

And there are dozens or more that I've made into decent bird dogs. Its just that most of my dogs have been setters and I've been taking some flack from some of the young guys around here about the pointers.

In the bird dog world I'm known as a pointer and setter man.
Tom

·
Registered
1,773 Posts

The pups look great and I look forward to seeing how they develop. Enjoy them.

·
Registered
365 Posts

All three look real Nice Tom.....but that one caught my eye!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

They look real smooth on the ground for that age. I like pointers in any color (well maybe not green!) but that black and white gal is an eye catcher.

·
Registered
68 Posts

He's doing good, still has the cast on for another month or so. Jaw is good. He wants to go and that's the biggest problem. Are you seeing woodcock yet?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts