The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing crazy but I just thought I would share. I bought it last summer, bone stock 97 TJ 4 Cyl (unfortunatly) for 4K.

Over about the last month I really have made some progress on it. I didnt want to go to crazy on it though. I bought a Rough Country 2.5" lift for a 6 cyl. Wrangler, then I picked up some Skyjacker Hydro 7000 shocks. Since the lift was for a 6 cyl. it actually lifted it 3.5" in the rear and 3.25" in the front. I got a free tube bumper for the rear and some lights for the front. Then I found a used set of BFG 31" AT with 13/32 tread left, and I got some black D window wheels. I still have a tire rack sitting in my garage that I just have to finish welding together and it will be good to go. All in all I have about 800 into it for everything, which isnt to bad at all.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Looks like you're having fun with your ride!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
nice rig. I am guessing a daily driver also? might want to hook up with the jeeps r us crew. they have a meeting every month first wed of every month at champions in harrisburg. I know you jeep guys run in packs.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah its also a daily driver. I felt if I had gone with anything bigger then a 31 inch tire I would of had to re-gear.

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
Looks good!

If ya ever want to wheel a bit I have a mildly lifted and armored Tacoma.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Looks like a good time
, do you ever notice how many times you look in the mirrors that aren't there when you take the doors off?
I bought a set of stock mirrors off ebay and mounted them to brackets that install in door hinges.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts