The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some soybean pics. Think the deer are liking them? I overseeded these plots with brassicas friday so I should get a decent crop of that once the beans are completely eaten.

Here is one of my clover plots recently sprayed with butyrac 200 but it didn't get all of the curly doc out.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Use a trigger sprayer and some Roundup on that dock. You'll fix it.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
BTW, are they Roundup ready beans or regular ones? If RU Ready, how much per bag?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Nice plots. How big are they?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dutch said:
BTW, are they Roundup ready beans or regular ones? If RU Ready, how much per bag?
They're RU ready. Those are the Eagle beans and they were way too much per bag with shipping. I think next year I may try some normal beans I can pick up locally and see how they do. Save me a lot of money anyway.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pabowhuntR said:
Nice plots. How big are they?
The bean field in the picture is about 8/10's of an acre. I have another bean plot relatively close by that is a little over an acre so I have about 2 total in beans.

I'm not sure how big the clover field is but it's probably a little under a half acre. That's the only field I haven't measured for size. I've got probably close to 2 acres total in clover in 6 plots with the one pictured being the biggest.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dutch said:
Use a trigger sprayer and some Roundup on that dock. You'll fix it.

Maybe next year but doubt I'll have time this year. One of my other fields has way more than that in it. The butyrac did okay on it but either I missed some or the butrac didn't get it all. I know gly will smoke it but good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts