The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't trap as much as I thought I would this year, but I did have a good time. I went after the muskrat hard this year, and came up with 13. Just goes to show our population around here lol. I got caught up this year in archery hunting, and I passed up a lot of buck waiting for one of the two I wanted.. Never got either, so I shot the first I saw in rifle.

First deer with the bow.

Buck from this year and another doe I shot with the rifle

Some others

My uncles buck on right mine on left

Last day drive at my buddys farm. Out of 8 of us, there were 6 on the ground, one of them mine. 30 some deer came through.

Buck from our property hit by car

Someone shot this from my stand with a .22.... I passed this buck up 4 times

Dad's first deer in 24 years! and his first with the bow.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More trapping

Put up with this for weeks before I put 3 traps here, and caught that red.

Turkeys flying in front of my stand

Some furs

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This is my little sister, singing on PA Live on WBRE Thursday. She recorded a song with the lead guitarist from Firehouse. It's for sale on a lot of music websites, and the proceeds will benefit the Cystic Fybrosis foundation, in memory of our cousin, who passed last April at 21. Im proud of her.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Great job you still out after any beavers? Hope you have an even better season next year!!! Congrats to your sister doing something for a great cause!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. Kish, nope, haven't set any beaver traps yet. I've seen very little sign, so I figured i'd let them go for next year. I should be able to trap a lot more next season, or I at least hope so. My next projects are cleaning a few skulls, tanning a black muskrat, a few antler and european mounts, and training the new beagle!

·
Registered
802 Posts
great pics, and i can't help but notice your shirt in the very first pic. the red rock nwtf jakes day shirt. i probably had had you in one of my archery classes there. good luck and keep up the good work in the outdoors

1 - 13 of 13 Posts