The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just some recent mounts I've done. Haven't been on here for a while and thought I would share.

red fox for a wholesale client

One of my own personal mounts: My 2008 WV doe, big old mature doe with long winter hair. I back brushed her during the whole drying period and got the hair to stand up like a deer in extreme cold would do to keep itself warm. I took the mount to the Maryland taxidermy competition in June and placed second in the Professional division.

A stillborn goat kid. I altered a whitetail fawn form for this mount by shortening the legs and resculpting the face.

One of my own mounts for my showroom, a very small lifesize deer. No finish work yet

Coyote pedestal..Second pic is a close up of the same mount outside to show detail. see the small scar on his nose? I think it gives him character

A small raccoon lifesize. I custom wrapped the body for it

Agressive whitetail mount for a customer

Big bodied wide 10 for a customer

custom altered form, doe mount

PA archery buck for a customer

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few more

Early season doe

lil' doe

Gun rack made for Dad...with the feet from his first deer taken with this flintlock

My 13 year old cousin's very first deer..we think he was hit by a car

more customer stuff

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
That is some terrific work!I believe that a mount is only as good as the eyes and these all appear to be looking right at the camera.I especially like the big doe mount of yours.You are an artist,and I am envious,lol
JIM

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Not all taxidermist can take there mounts to the next level, but from the looks of it yours definately are. Love the winter doe also.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Some excellent work, I really like the winter doe also!

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Great work, I didn't see anything that I wouldn't proudly display in my house. PM sent

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Wow Nina, you are excellent! Your whitetails are fantastic. Even the little ones. Giving me some inspiration for my button buck- I caped him out and also stuck his skinned head in the freezer, with his lil nubbins. My very first deer, and I want him to look as nice as your little deer do lol!

·
Banned
649 Posts
looking good, you are coming a long way since your first competition piece , keep it up.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts