The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the range yesterday again with the Lyman. Was dying to know how the Balck English flints would do with my frizzen.

Threw one on a few nights ago, got it squared away, and found some free time yesterday to go out and throw a few down range.

The Black English was a perfect fir for the Lyman Deerstalker... perfect ignition every time.

Set the target up at 65 yards, and shot 10 pa conicals. My intentions were to shoot around 15-20, to give this flint a real test, but I ran out of q-tips and cleaning patches.

I am really impressed with the Black English flint for sure... anyone who has a Lyman, try them!!! Not one misfire, throws some serious spark for sure. Not to mention the ignition time was much quicker.

Here's a pic of the target... still shooting to the left since the last visit. Time to get this thing in the middle

Load was 70 grains of 3F under a 240 grain Hornady Pa conical. With mostly all the lube removed might I add...

Good luck to all next week!!! Wish I could join you guys during this magical time of the year!!!

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Lookin real good Tony!!

Due to work conflicts i will be limited to Thurs-Sat...last 3 days of season(1/7-9).

Best of luck!!

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck to you Loggy... you headed up to Sully???

I forgot to add here...

I used JB bore paste in my barrel to polish it up. The things loads really easy afterwards, and the groups tightened alot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts