The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been working hard at the food plots. 27 days straight of rain didn't help some of them, but most are doing great. Took care of the deer eating everything to the ground by using Plotsaver Fencing from Messina Wildlife Management. Inexpensive, easy to set up and really works!! Only problem was keeping the turkeys away from the fresh seed. Vermin got in and ate almost all of the black oil sunflowers we planted!! All our seed, fertilizer, Cornerstone Plus, etc comes from Andres and Son in Montrose. Great people to work with! Jim Holbert is heavily involved with QDMA and is the man to talk to up there. Enjoy the pix!!

Biologic Outfitters Blend.

Buckwheat and Sorghum.

Biologic Outfitters Blend.

More Outfitters Blend.

Close-up shot of Outfitters Blend.

One of the many clover blend patches, 2 weeks after cutting.

One last Outfitters Blend plot.

Strips of Buckwheat and Sorghum with clover in the middle.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
SUddenly I crave salad...
>>> Looking great stack!

·
Registered
125 Posts
looks good, if i could suggest spraying for grasses unless that was intended in your mixes... it will give the plants that much more opportunity for soil nutrients and moister if they dont have to compete.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Outfitters Blend has triticale (hybrid of oats and wheat,looks like grass), brassicas, buckwheat, chickory and other good stuff in it. Clover/chickory plots are two years old and going great. I know of nothing to spray on the clover plots that won't kill the clover too. If you know of something, please tell me!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts