The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see we finally got some room for some carp fishing adventures. I did a lot of channel cat fishing & now I have been targeting carp for about 7 yrs. now.
Carp are a great game fish & put up some awesome battles. If you're not targeting carp, you are missing out on some great fishing!

https://youtu.be/ccX3TU31cO0

·
Registered
208 Posts
Cheyenne said:
I see we finally got some room for some carp fishing adventures. I did a lot of channel cat fishing & now I have been targeting carp for about 7 yrs. now.
Carp are a great game fish & put up some awesome battles. If you're not targeting carp, you are missing out on some great fishing!

Enjoyed your video!!

Curious what type of rig plus bait do you mainly use??

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shaddartman said:
Cheyenne said:

Enjoyed your video!!

Curious what type of rig plus bait do you mainly use??
I use a 3 oz sliding sinker with a hair rig with pop up artificial corn on the hair.

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
Do you use a circle hook for the hair rig?

Is the 3oz sinker used for the current or to set the hook when the fish runs?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been using #4 Korda Curve Shank hooks & have great success with them.

When the carp inhale the fake pop up corn & blow it back out, the Korda hook will 99.9% of the time catch then in the bottom lip & hook removal is easy.

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
Thanks!

Where do you get the Korda hook? I don't remember seeing them locally.

BTW what line do you use for your hair rigs?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dogface said:
Thanks!

Korda Curve Shank hooks can be bought at Big Carp Tackle. If you google it you should get right to the site. There are only a few dealers that sell carp tackle & BCT is the best.

I use Fox Cortex in 25#. If you go to you tube & search hair rigs you will get all the info you need to tie your own rigs. Lotsa info there.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Cheyenne said:
Dogface said:
Thanks!

Korda Curve Shank hooks can be bought at Big Carp Tackle. If you google it you should get right to the site. There are only a few dealers that sell carp tackle & BCT is the best.

I use Fox Cortex in 25#. If you go to you tube & search hair rigs you will get all the info you need to tie your own rigs. Lotsa info there.
Thanks for sharing the video and information Cheyenne!!

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
Cheyenne said:
Thanks. I spent the last two days watching that "Slammer" guy on YouTube. Pretty impressive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.