The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent hunted 2B in over 10 years and I think I know the answers to these questions, but I want to be sure.

1. In the Westmoreland county part of 2B I can use a rifle to hunt the extended seasons and regular seasons.
2. The early archery and extended doe seasons are throughout the entire unit of 2B including the westmoreland county section of it?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
557 Posts
1. Yes - rifle allowed for extended and regular firearms seasons.

2. Yes - early archery and extended doe seasons are throughout the entire unit of 2B.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
TrophyHunter11 said:
I believe that in the extended season rifle in 2B is for doe only.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Stogey said:
TrophyHunter11 said:
I believe that in the extended season rifle in 2B is for doe only.
I think perhaps you misunderstood what I said.

You are allowed to use a rifle in the extended season. Obviously for doe only.

·
Registered
485 Posts
a word to the wise. DO NOT depend on "law" advice given on ANY website. in this case it is correct but if a citation is issued, "i read it was ok on a website." is very poor defense. get a ruling with name from the game commission. that, at least, shows a "good faith" atempt to get a "ruling."

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, thats what I thought when I read the regs.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
If you hunt Upper Burrell you can not use a rifle,township ordance,carrys a $300.00 fine,I found out the hard way.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Retiredusne8 said:
If you hunt Upper Burrell you can not use a rifle,township ordance,carrys a $300.00 fine,I found out the hard way.
You got hosed, Township ordance does not trump state law. See Duff V North Hampton Twp.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Duff V North Hampton Twp. .... the gift that keeps on giving!

Guys, take the time to read the court ruling. Spread the wealth!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
dpms said:
Retiredusne8 said:
A city, borough, township etc.. cannot prevent you from hunting with a firearm if you are hunting property that they do not own.

Here is a link to a thread here on HPA http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=328441&fpart=1
I wish I had know about this 10 years ago.
That what I like about this site,you can alway find an answer to most of your question.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
If in doubt especially hunting Urban 2B you better know where you can retrieve your deer. Trust me you will be suprised like I was. Now I have the GC in my phone, I will have them come get the deer.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
The WCO will not retrieve your deer if it runs onto posted property.

·
Registered
11 Posts
"a word to the wise. DO NOT depend on "law" advice given on ANY website. in this case it is correct but if a citation is issued, "i read it was ok on a website." is very poor defense. get a ruling with name from the game commission. that, at least, shows a "good faith" atempt to get a "ruling."
"

Wow, cool, this word is really great it's a brain refreshing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts