The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has gone fishing from there. Found a guy in Gettysburg that charters on the side. Don't know if anyone on here might know who he is or not. Just looking for some info before I say yay or nay. He wants $125 per person. Leave Gettysburg Sat. at 10 am return Sun. at 10am.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Does that price include the trip from Gburg down to Solomons and back and lodging? If so it is incredibly cheap. Solomons is very close to good fishing this time of year on the bay.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
If the price includes transportation and the fishing trip it is still very cheap even of you have to pay for lodging.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I saw that add on craigslist...sounds like a nice guy and a good deal to boot. Fill us in on how you did...sounds like a trip id like to make, maybe with the family.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I've fished there, close to lookout point. Lots of Blues.

Price is nothing short of fantastic. I wonder if he is a licensed captain or just a guy doing trips to write off his boat??? Remember sfaety first. Does he say you will need a license??? if so be careful he is not a licensed fishing boat.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He said nothing about a liscense. $375 covers three anglers. We will leave Gettysburg and return there on the same day. He runs a 28ft boat. Told us to sign up now for the saltwater angler registry since it takes about a month to get your card. He said to be sure and write the number down just in case. Suggested a cooler for food/drinks and a cooler for fish.

·
Registered
837 Posts
If you need to sign up for saltwater registry he is not a licensed charter captain. You still may not need a Maryland license if he has purchased a license for the boat. If this cool weather stays around the spanish mackerel will be leavin soon. Blues and rockfish will be around. The later you come down the bigger the rockfish will be. Dont get your hopes up on catchin aa shark.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heading down tomorrow around 3am. At least he drives so I can sleep. Will return with a full report for anyone interested.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I wish you luck.. and hope all that water coming down the Susky into the bay does not turn the fishing off..

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Wouldn't want to be on the flats today for sure.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am hoping the rain doesn't change things. I don't want to pay $125 just to float on a boat all day. I hope the wind dies down also.

·
Premium Member
23,984 Posts
ColdFork said:
Heading down tomorrow around 3am. At least he drives so I can sleep. Will return with a full report for anyone interested.
Look fwd to your report. Sounds unbelievably too cheap but hey...times are tuff with only to get much worse & many folks(including charters) are doing anything needed just to put food on the table. I may be interested in one of his trips down the road.

Best of luck!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He's just doing it on the side for some xtra $$. He has a license for the boat. He said his son just started @ Penn State and he is trying to make a little extra to help with those bills.

·
Premium Member
23,984 Posts
Look fwd to your report!! Hey.. your 3AM departure is only a few hours away. id hit the sack shortly if i were you!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts