Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We sold last night very pleased with what we got
3 coons @ 15.00
2 coons @ 10.00
45 muskrats @ 12.00
2 muskrats @ 8.00
1 muskrat @ 4.00 (head was missing from a mink)
1 red @ 45.00
1 grey @ 15.00
2 m.mink @ 23.00
1 f.mink @ 18.00
1 beaver @ 15.00

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I was just working down in greencastle few weeks ago when we had snow. Place was loaded with fox tracks and a few yote. Would be nice spot to trap.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
homebrew said:
We sold last night very pleased with what we got
3 coons @ 15.00
2 coons @ 10.00
45 muskrats @ 12.00
2 muskrats @ 8.00
1 muskrat @ 4.00 (head was missing from a mink)
1 red @ 45.00
1 grey @ 15.00
2 m.mink @ 23.00
1 f.mink @ 18.00
1 beaver @ 15.00
did you really get $12.00 per rat?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Longear yes the fur was put up and 338 yes we got $12.00 a rat he said there was only 1 kit in the bunch but a couple of them we had to put on coon stretchers

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Congrats! Those are really good prices for selling to a middle man. The only thing I saw was the grey fox that maybe you could have got a little more for but all in all you did real well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks trapperrick the grey was a young 1 with not that great of fur and thanks Lugnut I've been a taxidermist for the last 15 years so every animal gets treated like it's getting mounted a little extra time in to them adds up at the end
It always gets me people spend so much time to trap the animal and then so little time taking care of it

·
Registered
143 Posts
15 for beaver! wow, my son and i just got done working a beaver, put a total of around 4 hrs into it so far on to the stretcher, if thats all their worth i'll never do another beaver to much work to get so little money.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tom4shot you have to love what your doing if you seen auction results high was 42.50 low 9.00 avg 26.44.So if you have any small or short hair ones like we had thats what there worth

·
Registered
143 Posts
HOMEBREW; I know that you have to like what your doing but if i,m going to put that much work into one pelt, i'd rather direct my efforts into the fox and coon hides in the future.
when i send my furs off to aution i'll just hope for the average, then i will not feel so bad. I guess the saying would be: The experience will be remembered long after the work has been forgotten.

·
Registered
932 Posts
tom4shot said:
15 for beaver! wow, my son and i just got done working a beaver, put a total of around 4 hrs into it so far on to the stretcher, if thats all their worth i'll never do another beaver to much work to get so little money.
Thats part of it. You definitely have to enjoy it. It gets quicker and easier, the more you do.
I would think the average would be in the twenty dollar range though.. Beaver are graded really hard...

·
Registered
399 Posts
I sold three small beaver for 4.50 at District 10 yesterday. I was offered 19.oo ea for 10 large - said NO and took em home. Will send to NAFA.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts