The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I sold my furs today at Cocolamus Creek. Dutch is a super nice guy and very fair. Not many furs compared to you other guys, but I'm happy!

2 Red Fox $100.00
2 Red Fox $80.00
1 Beaver $20.00
3 Muskrat $36.00
1 Muskrat $ 6.00
3 Racoon $60.00
1 Racoon $ 2.00

Total $304.00 I am very happy with the prices.

I bought 6 Z traps for $72.00. They look pretty nice, I can't wait to try them next year. I got some more Coilsprings as well and some other stuff. Next year, I plan on running the river and see if I can't dial in my Mink catching skills and catch a few more critters.

·
Super Moderator
1,739 Posts
I would also be happy with that. I met Dutch for the first time this year and also agree that he is a super nice guy.
Congrats on your season and hope you have 6 coons in those z traps the first nite.

·
Banned
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was a little worried because this was the first time I ever put up my own furs. He said I did well and I actually liked the process.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Dutch is a good fella, are ya with me?
Good job!

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
I sold most of my fur to him at the District 9 fur sale, he was offerring the best prices of anyone there.

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
Holy Smokes !!! When did fur prices skyrocket.... again ? I'm not a trapper, but my younger brother was trapping in the early 80's, and if I recall, those Red Fox and Coon prices rival the early 80's prices ?

That makes it more worth putting in long/cold hours, although I'm sure there are diehards that do it for the love even if they wouldn't get paid.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Fleroo, there has been a good sale this year....

Looks good...but gas wasnt 3.50-4.00$ a gallon in the 80s...

Youd really be shocked to see results from the last auction...

Prices are better than they've been...but no telling if they will last till tomorrow..or next season..could double...or be cut to a fraction...the market is pretty crazy..

·
Banned
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I remember right, back in the 80's when I first started trapping Red Fox were between $75 & $100 and coon were close to $50. Grey fox were $35 or $40, I think, correct me if I'm wrong.
By the time I started catching the above critters, the prices had dropped!

·
Banned
174 Posts
I remember getting 8 dollars for my muskrats in the mid 80's sold them at Van's Sporting Goods in Butler on RT 38 ... never thought i would see them higher than that !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts