The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at these awhile and a friend builds one...i decided to try...
Not done yet....can find directions online.type soda can heater or click link... soda can solar heater

Nit quite done...need to add plexi or polycarbonite....a intake vent and a outlet vent...with inline fan...more pics to come...if all works well i will build one to heat the garage and maybe one for the house ...but only good during the day of course

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
Interesting.I watched the video also.I would bet it would perform better with intake air coming from a different room in the house.That would increase air circulation and temperature rise.That would make it even more efficient.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where i am mounting mine for my wifes greenhouse....i will get approx. 90% sunlight..when i build the one for the garage it will receive the same so...i might makse a similar one but with tubing in it for a pool heater

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Those look like beer cans. LOL.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TATERDAVID said:
Those look like beer cans. LOL.
Just few.....lol...the one for my garage is going to be 20x20...thats 2900 cans...i better get drinking...lol...this one used 120 cans

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
doing dry run no fan yet...i have a thermocouple in a 1" hole at the exhaust end and a 1" hole for the intake ight now.....46 degrees here...been in sun for 2 hours...the temp is 190

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Can you explain why use the soda cans? why not just the downspouts? Is it to have a baffle system to slow down the air flow so it heats up more?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah it is a baffle...plus they fit semi snug so the is a double wall of air there...the 2 different hole sizes are also baffle to slow the flow down....plusi have the downspouts.....set up so 1 in 1 out so on and so forth....so the air snakes through it...using a inline duct fan...100 cfm...not alot of air flow but will move the air in the 12x16 greenhouse

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
ok so im looking into this to give the girls a little heat in the coop this winter. its only a 6x3x4 coop with 3 birds. how big should i make this heater? i dont wanna cook them yet! just enough to keep the edge off or should i just let them alone?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can always have an exhuast vent to help divert the air...i decided to use a 4" inline duct fan at 110cfm to do the green house...

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Around 80lbs...guessing...its just awkward

1 - 14 of 14 Posts