The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a pair of these as i've been wanting a snake boot for a while.

Very comfortable, and give a little piece of mind in snake country.

I wonder if any folks on here use them, and have any suggestions for socks to utilize with them?

I'm not a snake hunter or anything, but plan to use for archery and tromping around Moshannon Forest during warm weather.

I appeciate any thoughs.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I wear Copper Fit tall compression socks (Walmart in the sporting goods section by soccer and football, etc) as a liner and a merino wool snake boot sock from Bass Pro/Redhead with mine. The snake boot socks cushion. The Copper Fit socks create a rub zone between the socks rather than between the skin and the sock, preventing 99.9% of any chance of blisters. ANNNND...……...after a long day of walking...……...take the Copper Fit socks off and your feet feel cool and tingly and nice.

Lace your Vaprtreks snugly (not tightly) in the foot and ankle and more loosely as you go up so as to not have them bind at the calf. Pretty much the same for any snake boot.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wear Copper Fit tall compression socks (Walmart in the sporting goods section by soccer and football, etc) as a liner and a merino wool snake boot sock from Bass Pro/Redhead with mine. The snake boot socks cushion. The Copper Fit socks create a rub zone between the socks rather than between the skin and the sock, preventing 99.9% of any chance of blisters. ANNNND...……...after a long day of walking...……...take the Copper Fit socks off and your feet feel cool and tingly and nice.

Lace your Vaprtreks snugly (not tightly) in the foot and ankle and more loosely as you go up so as to not have them bind at the calf. Pretty much the same for any snake boot.
Thanks Strut!

First pair of snake boots so appreciate the advice!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Quite welcome, sir !!

You're gonna LOVE the Vaprtreks. I describe them as being 17" running shoes.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Having hard time fining the Copper fit tall compression socks at my Wal marts. Thinking of a liner sock. Stupid question. Is a Crew size good enough our do i need a knee sock?

And oh yes, they are nice and light.....loving them already. may need to get a short version lol

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I'd probably do an online search and purchase of the Copper Fit socks. They REALLY seem to make a difference at the end of a long day.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I’ve been using BPS ( redhead) snake boot socks for years. Nice and high, and moisture wicking. Great for warm weather wear. And not too expensive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts