The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
vehicles now? Or did they always have unmarked vehicles in colors besides white and black? I just seen a trooper in a burgundy red suv sitting in "his spot" trying to catch people speeding on a down hill straight away. It's always the same trooper there he just has different vehicles he uses.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Can't comment on this but I can say that I saw a patrol cruiser the other day and the word POLICE on the side of the car was only clearly visible from certain angles. The word POLICE was masked very cleverly. I liked it!

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
That was RonM.

He can't resist having a little fun on holiday weekends.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never understood the purpose of white and black unmarked cars as they look like cop cars anyway. I always figured it would make more sense to have unmarked cars that look like regular civilian vehicles.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Yup, they do. Locals do as well. There are many versions out there along the roads. Cruising down the NE Ext I had a blue tinted out F150 along side me, could not see in, till he pulled some one over then you could see the light bars inside as well as the front.

·
Registered
10,893 Posts
Coming across the pike yesterday, I saw a statie in a light blue Ford Taurus with lights blazing and a guy pulled over.
I think all of them should be unmarked.

·
Registered
20,191 Posts
NJSP have what are refered as "ghost cars".
I have only seen them a few times where you almost needed to be next to them to see the faint markings.
The ones I saw were black or white Chevy's.
They actually looked sporty, but I'm sure the people they had pulled over would have other words to describe them.
Another trick they seem to use is placing empty marked vehicles in very visible location s to slow traffic down.
I hate when the troopers drive 10 MPH below the limit and everyone is afraid to pass them, bet they get a good chuckle out of that.

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
The Ghost Cars I've seen in NJ were black Ford Explorers. The word "Police" was only visible from certain angles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts