The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
22,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The owner of an Allentown-area used car lot says he did just about everything wrong last week on the night he confronted two men stealing a catalytic converter at his Airport Road Auto Sales lot in East Allen Township.

But just days after two other thefts of 32 catalytic converters — worth about $1,000 each — Ronald Matyas says he stopped thinking clearly when he saw two men with flashlights under a car around 2:30 a.m. last Monday.

Instead of waiting for state police to arrive — as instructed after calling 911 — Matyas said he approached the men armed with .380-caliber handgun.

"All I was going to do was fire a couple shots in the ground," Matyas says. "I thought I was playing Clint Eastwood or Dirty Harry or something. I don't know what I was thinking. My emotions took over."
Sometimes people amaze me.

Car lot owner nearly killed 'playing Dirty Harry' with thieves

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
Dont kill someone over theft of property,only for self preservation or to save another person..........

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I guess it depends on where people come from if they grew up in a poor family and valued there property alot more or if they just get everything handed to them. I know alot of foreigners are very protective of there property.And how far someone is willing to go to keep it. This may have happened more than just those few incedents that made him act like that.

·
Banned
22,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bad part now is a criminal has a gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts