The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style="font-weight: bold">Burnett is gone from the Bucco's. Enjoy Philly! Ha. I'm willing to bet that if he's in a tight game and gives away the go ahead run, that he doesn't get a standing ovation there like he did in the 'burgh. Everyone says it's a business, blah, blah, blah. Do any of you Bucco's fans think that him being benched last year in game #5 of the division series, had anything to do with it?</span>

·
4,245 Posts
I absolutely think it was a factor.

As soon as he said he wanted to reture or return to Pittsburgh my hopes went down he would return. Just seems those scenarios never work out.

·
Registered
9,505 Posts
I am sure if the Pirates payed up he would of stayed and I also think the team is now worse off without him. Just more proof to me that the Pirates are more interested in making a profit than winning a pennant.

I am sorry but one good year of baseball does not erase how bad they were for the last 20. They have done nothing to improve the team for this upcoming season and it's a shame.

·
Registered
9,485 Posts
I too think this year is not gonna be good.I think they,ll hold their own and be competitive for the first half.But think the second half is gonna be a disaster.Yes losin Burnette is gonna hurt.I think if they would have started him he would be in Bradenton right now.They should have used him and give him a chance to break the curse.I haven,t heard the news yet but I thought the Phillies was out of it and it was either the Pirates or the Nats.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
The real problem he will have is that his ground balls will not turn into outs as easily as they did at PNC Park.

·
Registered
40,115 Posts
G-Daddy said:
The real problem he will have is that his ground balls will not turn into outs as easily as they did at PNC Park.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that but the Phillies have a pretty good defensive infield.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
It comes down to money. Burnett recognizes (rightly) that he is in the twilight of his career and he did what any of us would do in the same situation. I do not blame him one bit in any of this. If anyone is at fault here, it is the cheapskate Pirates, who wouldn't even make a qualifying offer. Nutting is a penny anter operator and the Pirates will never be consistently successful with him as owner.

Good luck AJ, we'll miss you.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Yeah, in Philly, they'll turn on him quick if he falters. Quicker than they would in Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Aj will have similar results to those of his last couple seasons in pin stripes due to pitching in a hitters park and Phillys defense.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
It wont happen because baseball in Philadelphia is a totally different animal than it is in Pittsbrgh.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Guy is a tool and I'm sure Hamels not going to be ready for the start of the season is the only reason the Phils signed him. Kind of funny reading how 16 million dollars is nothing

·
Registered
16,458 Posts
GOOD RIDDANCE !!! "Decent" pitcher, but so long you whiny crybaby, and clubhouse enigma.
Now let me tell you how I really feel about the guy......

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Fleroo said:
GOOD RIDDANCE !!! "Decent" pitcher, but so long you whiny crybaby, and clubhouse enigma.
Now let me tell you how I really feel about the guy......
If by "decent" you mean best pitcher on the staff for the past 20 years, then yeah he was "decent".

1 - 20 of 36 Posts