The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Notice when hunting turkey with a blind you have to have a blind with a cover on top for it to be legal? So ground blinds or Ghost blinds would not be legal for turkey hunting? It says nothing about big game or predator hunting. Just turkey hunting your blind has to have a top on it so no one can see you from the top down... UM ????????????

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Yeah, trust me - I don't get it either. I guess with a Ghost Blind or natural ground blind constructed from brush, they are genuinely concerned with someone not seeing you at all and blasting away...but why doesn't that logic carry over for deer? As far as other options, I don't know about anyone else, but a mesh or fabric blind without brush on it (which is perfectly functional for turkey hunting) sticks out like a sore thumb to my eye, but isn't legal.

Why not just make people place and orange flagging of some kind nearby like they do for Fall birds if someone wants to go that route? Is there some other factor being considered other than safety via visibility?

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked a question of this with a PGC warden.. He told me.. Ground blinds are legal with a open top for predators and big game. However turkey you do have to have a cover on the top.. When I think back the amount of hunters I called in with my turkey calling they probably did the right thing on the turkey blind having to be covered from the top.. Syndrome on how nuts will stalk you and as we all know that is against the law.. I have a classmate that was shot dead during turkey season.. Also you hear stories all the time of someone shooting some for a turkey..The nuts coming to my calling go so bad that I quit turkey hunting. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts