The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we went up to camp in hopes of doing some fishing. We really wanted to ice fish, but the all the rain a week or so blew the ice out onto the banks. We tried from the shore, but it was way too windy for the kids. They were troopers and last a good 2 hours. We also got to explore some new areas and did a little road scouting for places to fish for the opener. We had 4 does within 20 yards of us and that was treat for all. The kids really enjoyed the sled riding as you can see by their faces. Tater also enjoyed having free rein of the woods and I enjoyed him being exhausted... ha ha.
All in and all another great weekend at camp!!!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Looks like everyone is having a great time
Good memories

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Interesting... Just over the mountain, and there's a lot more snow than in Cross Fork... I was up last week through Monday, and I'm heading back up tomorrow for five days. I expect with the warmer weather there's even less snow in the Kettle Creek Valley/Cross Fork now than last week.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes... most of the snow was on top of the mountain. We went to Kettle Creek and Hyner that weekend and there was just a dusting of snow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts