The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get out for Snowshoes today?? How did you all do today??
We did get out and had a run. No shots.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I was out with my setter for grouse but was hoping for the chance at a snowshoe over point...didn't pan out but I could not believe all of the snowshoe tracks.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We didnt hunt today. But we are going in tomorrow. I cant believe no one has put up any pictures yet.. wow. is NO one hunting snowshoe Hares??

·
Registered
18,544 Posts
Don't forget they closed the season for us hare exterminators here in the eastern part of the state.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i know, and i just dont get that..why would they do that.. i understand what they did. But really why.. they need to do a study on them first..

we were out today.. did have a run.. but the snow is just to deep for the dogs to run.. Not good.

·
Registered
18,544 Posts
ruffedG said:
Wow... nice photos... Were all of those PA hare...?
Yep. hare of Xmas past. I wonder how long before they reopen the season? I have a bad feeling it's going to be quite some time.
The pic with the 4 hare are my dad's and mine (2 days).

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
anyone ask why on the closure ???? I always thought they were more plentiful in the eastern part of the state vs. the west ???

·
Registered
575 Posts
Beagler,

Congrats on the great hunt, even if it was in the past... I was thinking how hard it would be to get 4 in one day... even to get two in two days is great..

G

·
Registered
438 Posts
Sorry, no good news here either. Hunted in a ft of powder snow and gave the dogs a good work out is all.

·
Registered
738 Posts
beagler said:
ruffedG said:
Wow... nice photos... Were all of those PA hare...?
Yep. hare of Xmas past. I wonder how long before they reopen the season? I have a bad feeling it's going to be quite some time.
The pic with the 4 hare are my dad's and mine (2 days).
HEY beagler i read in my local news paper today they may be opening the state wide season back up next year

·
Banned
300 Posts
So what did the closing of the season this year prove then???? Makes even less sense if they open it back up after 1 season.

·
Registered
18,544 Posts
GTR_Beagles said:
They saved 7 hares that would have been shot that would have made it t next year lol
Add another 3 or 4 to that for the ones I would have killed

1 - 20 of 120 Posts