The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you guys making out> It has been snowing here since 9am, off and on. We have about 4 inches on the ground but not on the streets, It is supposed to snow all night and tomorrow into Thursday. I am over winter, and ready for spring which started today.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Started snowing at 9:30 this morning in Adams county and we have 8" so far on the tool box on my truck but only about 4" on the ground

·
Super Moderator
1,739 Posts
Nothing here yet as of 8:05pm, 30 miles south of State College. We are suppose to get snow, I hope it bypasses us. They sent the kids home from school early today thinking it was going to hit after 3pm.

·
Registered
801 Posts
9:15PM..... 25 miles east of state college (PSU) No snow not a flake as of yet. There calling for up to an inch on the WTAJ news, but the radio station saids 4"-5" by tomorrow.

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
Northern Chester County; snowing and lots of ice formed on the cars in the drive. Snow has not as yet covered all the grass.
Personally I have had it up to here with winter and the prospect of relocating to South Carolina is looking better all the time. But you know - the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence and SC summers can be "sweat dripping off your elbows hot" so I am only in the stage of looking for property. But I do have my SC hunting license for later in the year..... That is Step #1.

:cold:

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have 9 or 10 inches on the ground and there are no signs of stopping. It is supposed to continue til 9pm. I am not a happy camper.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Depending were I look there's maybe 4-5"s at spots and still making down pretty good. According to the predictions we're supposed to get 10-12" until it blows over sometime early tomorrow morning.
We planned stocking the pond at the club with trout tomorrow morning but I doubt that's going to happen until early next week sometime.

Bill

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Only 4 inches here. Nor'easter's don't hits us as hard here as the lake affect coming the other way does.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just put the snow blower back in the garage. I got rid of about 14 inches of snow in the drive way except for about a foot around my truck and my wife's car because it is still snowing. It is still snowing so I will clean up properly tomorrow, I am not going anywhere today. My wife's daffodils in front of our house have been blooming for a week and not we get over 14 inches of snow and still snowing. Yesterday was the first day of spring, so they claim!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
The table on our deck @3:43 and still snowing.

I'll hit the driveway and walk about 6-7 for the second time today. The rest can wait until it stops tomorrow!
Bill

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
7 inches here. They were calling for 12-16 originally. I think the storm shifted North based on what I've read here.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts