The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a friend who would like to ty out his redtail hawk on snowshoe hair He would like so,mome that could take him and has dogs If anyone that might be interested seeing falconry IF anyone might be interested please let me knoiw.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Cool. There used to be a guy who had a squirrel dog and a hawk. When the dog treed he would let his hawk loose. Not sure what state he was in but I think that would be cool and falconry has a pretty long season.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YA we wntt for rabbits this afternoon my first time with this type of hunting it was very cool the hawk missed one went to hole right away He has been trying for 2 years to get my into it Its alot of dededucation Im not sure i could do it right so i decided to not do it at all for now

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I checked it out. Man it does require a lot of dedication. Anyone thinking about it the PGC has a lot of info on their webstite. You need to be an apprentice and have an experianced falconer teach you. The PGC regulates it but trusts a private organization to basically control and teach you how to do it. It seems like it would be neat but would require real dedication and time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts