The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once a bird is mounted, is it possible to make any changes in the wing position or the feet? I had a mount done a few years ago and it's still attatched to the piece of plywood I used to bring it home, never hung it up, just leans against the basement wall. It's not the position I wanted it to be in. The wings were supposed to be cupped but they are out straight. I know I should have refused it and not payed (since they paper from the taxidermist had cupped wings written on it by him), but I guess I'm just too nice sometimes. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice mount, just not what I wanted. So can anything be done or do I just try and sell it and recoup a few dollars?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
tunadawg said:
Once a bird is mounted, is it possible to make any changes in the wing position or the feet? I had a mount done a few years ago and it's still attatched to the piece of plywood I used to bring it home, never hung it up, just leans against the basement wall. It's not the position I wanted it to be in. The wings were supposed to be cupped but they are out straight. I know I should have refused it and not payed (since they paper from the taxidermist had cupped wings written on it by him), but I guess I'm just too nice sometimes. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice mount, just not what I wanted. So can anything be done or do I just try and sell it and recoup a few dollars?
NO and don't even think of selling it. Selling migratory birds is a Federal offense.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Paul.I did not know you couldn't sell them. I could have swore I was at an auction where they sold some. Oh well, live and learn.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
They may have sold some but the sale or offer for sale or purchase of migratory birds is a Felony under federal law.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts