The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend invited me on a snow googe hunt, I have never hunted geese before. I know I need a federal duck stamp, where do i get those? and what year stamp do i need ? we are hunting in feb.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
goatman said:
My friend invited me on a snow googe hunt, I have never hunted geese before. I know I need a federal duck stamp, where do i get those? and what year stamp do i need ? we are hunting in feb.
Federal Stamp- Post Office(call first to see if available?)

PA Migratory Bird License- Walmart or any other license center.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buk_Huntir said:
goatman said:
Federal Stamp- Post Office(call first to see if available?)

PA Migratory Bird License- Walmart or any other license center.
do I need a 2012 stamp or a 2013 stamp?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Federal Stamp...did you know that the USFWS does not require a hunter to have one during the Conservation Order since it is a special hunt outside of the standard frameworks but States may require one under their own rules. PA, NJ, VA, NY, and DE require one and Maryland does not require it for C.O. hunters....just saying.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
redheadsfish said:
you need a CO permit no matter what goose zone you are in
My point was you dont need the permit if your are not hunting during CO season. AP, RP, SJB all have different CO seasons.

·
Registered
753 Posts
andy dively said:
Federal Stamp...did you know that the USFWS does not require a hunter to have one during the Conservation Order since it is a special hunt outside of the standard frameworks but States may require one under their own rules. PA, NJ, VA, NY, and DE require one and Maryland does not require it for C.O. hunters....just saying.
Heading to Missouri at the end of the month to hunt Snow Geese and was surprised to discover that a Federal Migratory Waterfowl Stamp was not required. Just a Conservation Permit for $40!

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts