The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We decided as a group that last Friday we were gonna take off work due to the forecasted wind so we did... after the morning flight was over we had a moderate 7 birds on the ground and with the winds we were expecting in the evening I had high hopes! About 430 came n sure enough so did the birds.. had a nice flock working us and 2 juvies locked up n were dive bombing the spread n they flared as if they got shot at as well as the rest of the flock... we soon saw a small personal plane approach. And that wasn't the last of it. For probably an hour this continued, flying at us when the geese were approaching us, running off string after string almost as if it was on purpose... anyone ever have this happen or something similar? Sorry for the venting

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
That is called interfering with lawful hunting and is ILLEGAL! Did you happen to get a tail number or take any pics or video? If so I would report it immediately as that should be enough to prosecute.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Understandable man. This happens every year, its probably the same guy. Other guys on this very forum including myself have dealt with this. Were you in the middle creek area?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
same problem here. He only ran one flock off of us though.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Yup...i've seen that plane every season...up that way...guess we'll have to stop at Reading airport and see if the plane's there...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I bet he's out of the airport a couple miles away by the ford dealership.. Small grass strip.. A couple years ago when I was scouting I saw a helicopter dipping really low over a couple fields that had a ton of birds in em... It seemed weird (no powerlines nearby to be surveying) and almost intentional.. You'd think they wouldn't, but they sure would

·
Registered
12,199 Posts
A jerk like that would posatively love being hit. He would cry to the media, to the law and the person or persons who put them pellets there would not be doing hunters, or themselves, any favors. I'd like to see him charged for interfering with a legal hunt and have his pilots license revoked.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Forget prosecuting him and forget shooting his plane. Locate his air strip, locate his hanger, identify pilot. Handle situation man to man.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I bet he wouldn't be so big and bad if you were standing next to his hanger when he gets in.. Has it ever been reported to the PGC? Yea, it may be hard to proove, but with the amount of guys using gopro's and cell phone cameras in everyone's pocket, I'd love to see this guy get busted

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Its very possiable its out of the Readiing airport....uhuh...Find it and report him to the FFA...don t do anything stupid...we as hunters are alot smarter then that..he ll get his [censored] chew d out....

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks for the info guys! We are headed out with James creek outfitters on Thursday. We are gonna take a video camera.
What a moron. Doesn't he realize they are over populated?!?!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts