The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here know where u can find a snow cover for a cabelas interceptor layout blind...cabelas doesnt offer them anymore...ive heard that rodgers snow covers will work but im not sure witch one will fit....any help will be greatly helpful!

·
Registered
460 Posts
My uncle has been water fowling for 20 years. He uses a white sheet cut to size clothespinned to his blind. If you spread it out wide it will just look like a bump in the snow. This is my plan for snow.

·
Registered
202 Posts
wait til post-christmas and buy all the cans of fake snow for windows from walmart and other seasonal shops. Spray on your blind and it temporarily whitens your blind. Comes off with mud or rain or hose. I think you are correct though, one of the roger's blinds will fit an interceptor. Im just not 100% on which one

·
Registered
441 Posts
I use my Avery M2 snow cover on my cabelas blind. It will certainly fit and like the material much better than the material cabelas used for its snow cover. We used sheets at first, but I can tell you a snow cover is better. They aren't as shiny, see through and don't flap in the wind. They can be installed in minutes and have stubble loops for when ther is minimal snow. At 60 to 100 dollars the thing is washable and will last you forever.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sheets=garbage cuz they get wet n ya can see through em. Also geese see UV. We've used sheets and flared birds like crazy. Got a snow cover n problems solved. Best of luck finding one!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
The snow cover for the Ground Force SHOULD fit the Interceptor, but you may need to do some alterations.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Becareful using spray snow as it freezes solid in the can very easily!!!
You have to keep it warm before you use it in the field, lol.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
PSUbuzz said:
wait til post-christmas and buy all the cans of fake snow for windows from walmart and other seasonal shops. Spray on your blind and it temporarily whitens your blind. Comes off with mud or rain or hose. I think you are correct though, one of the roger's blinds will fit an interceptor. Im just not 100% on which one
This only really works if you have only a dusting of snow and it isn't rediculously cold out AND you can keep the cans warm. Try to lay that stuff on heavy enough to actually blend with anything other than a light dusting to only an inch or two and number one you'll have used up about 6 cans of the stuff and added about 10 pounds to the blind and it won't dry when layed on thick like that. To the OP-just get a snow cover. The dimensions for your blind and the Ground Force are pretty close. If you can't find one to fit yours, you will just have to get crative with one that fits another model.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Call Rodgers and ask. They are great to deal with.

·
Registered
732 Posts
mightyjoeyoung said:
PSUbuzz said:
This only really works if you have only a dusting of snow and it isn't rediculously cold out AND you can keep the cans warm. Try to lay that stuff on heavy enough to actually blend with anything other than a light dusting to only an inch or two and number one you'll have used up about 6 cans of the stuff and added about 10 pounds to the blind and it won't dry when layed on thick like that. To the OP-just get a snow cover. The dimensions for your blind and the Ground Force are pretty close. If you can't find one to fit yours, you will just have to get crative with one that fits another model.
Yea the kicker is it can't be a really wet snow,otherwise everything gets soaked and rubs off. I keep a fair amount of spray on hand for guys who don 't have snow covers. I use it instead of my snow cover only when there's only a little dusting on the ground. Only takes me a 1.5-2 cans to do a normal size blind. Like above, it freezes easy at times if you don't keep it warm. Pack it out in a back pack to keep it warm and don't stop spraying when you start. Other than the wet snow works great and hides blinds real well. Keep a can or two for touch up during hunt if need be.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Everybody I've ever talked to who has gotten a snowcover was so glad they finally did.. So much easier, looks better, and the list goes on

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
to bad cabelas doesnt have the covers in stock. I have 2 of them the older model and the latest rev this yr. The latest is real good. Similar to the avery cover. They were on sale for $39!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts