The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to this heavy snow what are you guys seeing and when? I saw last week after the first big snow, had two doe fawns come up at 30 yards and bed at noon, got up at 2 did a 10 foot circle and bed back down then at dusk they got up and left.

Not really seeing much moving, had a good sized doe and her fawns do the same on Monday but the doe was too far out for my muzzy. And had to I to PGH for New Years so unfortunately had to get outta my stand and spook em.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
no sitting around waiting here . we drive them . they seem to really be yarding up now . in rifle season we were seeing 2 -3 deer a drive and today we were seeing 7 -10 . great times for shooting now . just have to be careful of bucks with no horns . we shoot yearlings only .

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I hear ya, I found a shed already. I let the yearling walk, it's my gift to them for making it thru their first gun season.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
yarding? where are you in PA that they are yarding? How deep is the snow?
Your group selects the 1.5 year old deer to shoot? That can be a difficult identification. Especially if they're on the move due to being driven.

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Herding and not much daytime movement unless the deer are pushed out. And almost to a one, every group we've bounced has been under an evergreen, out of the wind and near a field.

Good luck to ya!

BATES

·
Super Moderator
12,795 Posts
Lots of tracks in the snow.....The snow here has been on for a few days. Plan to retrieve my cams tomorrow and follow some tracks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts