The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
30-06 Outdoors has a new maintenance pack for crossbow users called the Crossbow Snot pack. Myself and Arrowhead will be testing this pack for Crossbow Magazine. The pack includes very generous amounts of Rail Snot, Bow Snot and String Snot. I like this pack alot so far and it should last for several seasons of high volume shooting.

·
Registered
18,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$27 which is pretty darn good considering the size of each product included.

Curious about your bad experience. Care to elaborate? Pm if you wish.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Well I got 6 of their arrows. with brass inserts. I paid a premium for these arrows. I used them for one time shot each into my 18-1 and lost 4 out of the 6 inserts/fieldpoints...

No biggie right I called the company and was just about called a liar. After I explained that i was not a newbie and then they changed the song. In the end they sent me more brass inserts. Since then I will kinda pass on thier products.

·
Registered
18,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Losing 3/4 of your inserts is a tough deal. With that said, I like the snot pack thus far but I understand your hesitation.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
I think any money they spent on marketing was wasted..."the snot pack"??? got snot???

I mean I am as redneck as they get , but I am not dropping $27 on "snot".

·
Registered
18,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RB-HPA said:
I think any money they spent on marketing was wasted..."the snot pack"??? got snot???

I mean I am as redneck as they get , but I am not dropping $27 on "snot".
You haven't lived till you tried good snot, RB. This stuff is good snot for sure.

Arrowhead loves this snot as well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
kozman4907 said:
Well I got 6 of their arrows. with brass inserts. I paid a premium for these arrows. I used them for one time shot each into my 18-1 and lost 4 out of the 6 inserts/fieldpoints...

No biggie right I called the company and was just about called a liar. After I explained that i was not a newbie and then they changed the song. In the end they sent me more brass inserts. Since then I will kinda pass on thier products.
I would have asked them to replace the target since those heads could damage an arrow if you hit them while shooting.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
automated11 said:
kozman4907 said:

I would have asked them to replace the target since those heads could damage an arrow if you hit them while shooting.
I quit while I was ahead, with getting the inserts was a pain in the butt. On a side note I glued the inserts in and was happy camper. Since I am shooting for Parker Bows I only shoot "parker arrows"(CX) arrows. Got to love the "capture nocks". Anyhow I will try some snot if you give it thumbs up dpms!

Koz

·
Registered
18,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The odor free bowsnot is a light oil lubricant for the metal and moving parts. It has a fine needle applicator which is a nice feature to get it where you want it. The railsnot I apply very conservatively. Put it on and wipe most of it off so that only a light sheen remains. I am not a huge fan a rail lube in general. Less is more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts