The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I don't post on here very often but I wanted to share something with everyone...
I was out groundhog hunting on Wednesday night crossing a big freshly planted soybean field, when I noticed a turkey about 150 yards away. Me and my hunting partner stopped suddenly and were very surprised this thing didn't see us with our legal blaze orange hats on. So then I started thinking someone left a decoy up from last week, but it looked good and they just planted this a couple days ago..
So I pulled up my binos and noticed it was actually a younger gobbler posted out on the edge of the field with its head tucked in its wing just sleeping away. So as anyone else would do I got the idea to see how close I could get while recording myself in selfie mode. Check out the link below, I still can't believe how close I was (i was within an arms reach). Anyone else ever seen this or heard of it? I think this maybe a first time, maybe the video will go viral haha. luckily I wasn't a coyote or fox!

https://youtu.be/qp4pjph0SDI

let me know what you think!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
LOL that's an awesome video.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Well, just like people are born with various afflictions, my guess is that animals can be too. I think that bird is a bit "touched".

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Nice!!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
He may have had a rough day with others kicking his butt. Some of my jakes will do the same after a cage match has settled down. He was mighty tired and was using poor judgement. Bet he don't do that again for awhile. He may have been with the others and was left behind sound asleep. Good video. Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts