The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a sneak peak of a custom crossbow I am currently working on. I got it back this week from the hydro dipper. I had the entire bow dipped in several different patterns. The platform is an Excalibur and I will be tricking it out with some of the finest accessories in the industry.

What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
18,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's going to look sweet. Did a local guy dip it or did you send it away?
It is pretty dang sweet for sure. The dipper named it the "show bow" for good reason. I sent it out to Wyvern Creations in NH. He does custom hydro dipping of anything, but specializes in crossbows. I would not want anyone else dipping any of my crossbows.

·
Registered
18,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you putting it back together with the titanium bolt kit?
I have been looking into that. Is there another available other than from ti64?

·
Registered
18,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ti64's were the ones I was referring to. I don't know if there are others out there.
I did order up a Ti64 Titanium kit for this project. The Bulldog is a new model so all they have available is a Matrix kit. Most of the Matrix kit fits except the riser to barrel bolt and the 4 limb strap bolts. The front stock bolt is also a hair too long but I made it work with a spacing washer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts