The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
643 Posts
elkie said:
This was a first for me, but I've only been snaring here in PA for 2 yrs. I went to check my sets today and it appears I had a coyote on since early morning( from sign and tracks he left me), I didn't check them until I got done work tonight. But some how he got out, my anchor held good but the cable was kinked up in a couple of places. Has this happened to anyone.... and can I prevent this from happening again. Or does this just happen from time to time. From the size of track he left in snow it was a little bigger than average for this area.
your post is stating that he got out of the CR...which means he fought the CR...when a coyote is in a CR a swivel will keep him from untwisting the cable as fast....if he is not triggering your CR you have different problems...such as too slow of a CR or scent on the snare or surronding area etc...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.