The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a link to a schedule and locations for these.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
282 Posts
I just took the course today and was told it was the last course before you will have to take the full blown class. Of course this was Tioga Co.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
moses1 said:
I just took the course today and was told it was the last course before you will have to take the full blown class. Of course this was Tioga Co.
what are they going to do different then the regular CR class?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Problem is that the Pa. Game Commission doesn't have anyone that either can or will make a desision.We were told last year that there would be no more classes just for the CRs.The CR certification was going to be included in the New Sucessful Furtaking Course. We were also told that anyone that hadn't had a previous licence would have to take the new course before they could get a Furtaker licence.
I just went to take the new course as part of the Trapper and CR instructor training. Everything from above has been changed all around. The certification just for CRs obviously IS still going on and now the new course is voluntary.If you take the new course the CR certification is part of that also and you will get you a card to use CRs.
Here is my personal opinion.I think the Game Commission is to politically motovated in that they worry more about offending some one higher up in the Game Commissiom or a special interest group than they do about what is right or wrong.No one person is willing to stand up and make a desision that they have to take responsibility for.They spend more time trying to straddle the fence instead of making desisions that are good for the sportsmen of Pa. End of Venting Session!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
So, if you already have a furtakers license and did not take the CR Class, next year you can use CRs without having taken the class or are existing Furtakers going to be required to take the class?

·
Registered
157 Posts
PA-Joe. That is not correct.You still have to be certified BEFORE you use CRs. Now you can either get the CR certification as a specific class OR take the Successful Furtaking Course to be certified.You don't think the Game Commission is going to miss out on the 15 dollar fee for the course do you.The course I took was about a month ago who knows what it is by now.Probably best to ask your WCO and see IF he can tell you what applies this week.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Okay I'm confused. I know I must take a course to use a "cable restraint" on land for fox or coyote. That's okay because I don't want to use them for that. However, a friend gave me three "beaver snares" he uses in water trapping for beaver. Do I need that class to try these snares, in water, for beaver.
If anyone has an answer for this I will appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Pinebear you are correct.
Please everyone needs to understand that the PTA fought long and hard to get us a CR season here in PA. I don't fully agreed with all of PGC choices and regulations however we should be thankful we have theses extra seasons. Join and support the PTA so we can fight for more seasons.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts