The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
wouldn't it be easier to sprinkle soy sauce on rubber bands? just kidding...it sounds...INTERESTING!

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
JasonBTravel said:
wouldn't it be easier to sprinkle soy sauce on rubber bands? just kidding...it sounds...INTERESTING!
How the heck do you sprinkle soy sauce?

... just messin bud

·
Registered
626 Posts
DONE IT! i've made jsut about anything out of turtle. jerky i've cold smoked not so good. but hot smoke turtle jerky is excellent.

·
Registered
626 Posts
YOU'LL SUPRISED, IT'S PRETTY GOOD. MAKE SUre you a little of each different kind of meat and then you compair differnt parts when it's done. the whiter meat (turkey is the best i think) but the darker will have move of a beef jerkey consistancy.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
I've had and made...deer,duck,goose,squirrel,rabbit, turkey,quail,pheasant,chucker,elk, bear,moose,ham Jerky(Carp Sticks could be considered Jerky from the way they are cured then smoked)

Snapping Turtle just doesn't sound right made into Jerky! Something there just don't sound Right! It doesn't sound good....maybe under another name it might!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha, sounding and tasting are two different things my friend. I'll agree with you and I'll be honest, I'm a little skeptical, but I'll let you guys no if I think its a thumbs up.

·
Premium Member
24,058 Posts
Interesting. i would of thought snapper meat wouldnt have enuff texture to make jerky.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
SQUIRREL PELT said:
haha, sounding and tasting are two different things my friend. I'll agree with you and I'll be honest, I'm a little skeptical, but I'll let you guys no if I think its a thumbs up.
might want to come up with a name for it other then Snapper Jerky or Snapping Turtle Jerky....

You know, for those people who NEVER want to eat DEER Jerky but will Chow Down on Venison Jerky like there will never be anymore in the Future...or how Folks do not want to Eat Pig...they want to Eat Pork....

Better come up with a different Name for it!

·
Registered
626 Posts
SQUIRREL PELT, what did you find out/decide? i know i like it i've made it several times and love it. however i'm really curious to get another opinion...i dunno maybe i'm jsut screwed up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts