The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Got this beautiful old gal 10/07/15. I was falling asleep in my stand to the sound of the squirrels knocking every nut in the woods out of the trees so I figured it was time to get out. I scanned the woods one last time and at 8:05 I saw a button buck had snuck into 7yds eating acorns, thanks squirrels! I knew momma wouldn't be far and she wasn't, she was eating acorns at 18yds. I grabbed my TenPoint Stealth SS off it's holder and got ready for the shot. After waiting for her to clear a few saplings I touched off the trigger and let the 100gr KillZone eat when she was slightly quarter in to me at 17.3yds. At the shot the woods exploded with squirrels and deer running everywhere. Apparently a herd of deer had been feeding in the thicket I couldn't see into and they were everywhere! There were so many I couldn't keep track of the doe I shot so I just listened for the crash. When I heard the crash just below me and saw a tree shake I knew where she was. I got down and grabbed my bolt and started tracking her. I was impressed that the old girl made it approx 85yds, up until her I never had a deer go over 30yds with those broadheads. I gave the Creator thanks and got her out of the woods.

·
Premium Member
24,168 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, no I didn't weigh her. I know if she'd of been much heavier I wouldn't of been able to lift her by myself. I guesstimated her around 120 dressed.

·
Registered
19,666 Posts
Big old girl there. A job well done on a tough adversary. Congrats!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts