The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Super Moderator
6,826 Posts
I go real light on the rub with ribs. I think they have such a great flavor why cover it up. I use grill mates applewood rub you can get at giant eagle or Wally World.

Temp control is the most important thing. If you don't know your temp your really at a disadvantage.

· Super Moderator
6,826 Posts
One thing about ribs is everyones perfect rib may not be yours. I don't like a mushy rib, I like it to have alittle pull to it. Most are to mushy for me, but again that's just me.

· Super Moderator
6,826 Posts
They hold them sideways. I have one but haven't used it as I haven't ever cooked more than my smoker could hold laying flat.

· Super Moderator
6,826 Posts
So who else loves the little flap of meat on the bottom of ribs when you trim them up. I call that chefs treat. That is some of the best tasting meat on the planet but never really gets a mention.

· Super Moderator
6,826 Posts
Buckethead said:
The way I determine my ribs are done is I hold them in the middle with tongs, bone side up so the bend. When the meat looks like its just starting to pull away from the bone, they're perfect.
I watch the pull back as well man I am not cooking the ribs till Monday but I am jones' for them already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.