The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to smoke some hamburgers in my Masterbuilt Electric Smoker this weekend. Never done it before. Would anyone like to share some recipes ?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
I've done it before, I highly recommend going easy on the smoke. maybe a little towards the end. The loose burger meat really absorbs the smoke. I didn't care for it too much, but I probably over did it with smoke.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I agree with Jkhunter. Be careful how much smoke you put on them. Ground meat pulls it in quick.

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
I've heard really good things about meatloaf in a smoker, too.....probably the same principle...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I've heard really good things about meatloaf in a smoker, too.....probably the same principle...

You are correct. It is delicious, but same concept. No need to keep continuous smoke on it. I usually run one good round of smoke at the start and do not add any more chips in after that dissipates. Best meatloaf I've had.

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
Do you put burgers/meatloaf on a baking sheet or similar in the smoker? Or just right on the racks?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I agree smoked meatloaf is one of the best things I've ever had but I didn't do it myself so I don't know the ins and outs.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Do you put burgers/meatloaf on a baking sheet or similar in the smoker? Or just right on the racks?

What I do is put the meatloaf directly on the rack, but I place a pan on the rack underneath it to catch the drippings. Some people place foil under the meatloaf, but I believe that's stopping smoke from hitting it directly as it rises. Placing the pan below allows the smoke to roll around it and still hit the meat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts