The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Braved the 0 degree wind chills for a great afternoon in the stand with my daughter. She took her Nintendo DS along and was a perfect little hunter!! We saw several deer that stayed just out of range. A few came pretty close but stayed behind us in the thick stuff not offering any shots.

At 3:00 I saw a BB step out about 60 yards away and while watching him missed a big doe and another deer coming from my left. They cautiously stepped out at 65 yards and began feeding away from us. When the bigger doe turned broadside I knew it was now or never!!

When the smoke cleared she ran about 50 yards and fell. got back up once then fell again. We had a long talk on how its necessary for us to take a few doe every year to balance things out. After a few minutes we climbed down to claim our trophy!!

Using a TC Hawken 50 cal. with 80 grains of FF pushing a 240 grain Hornady P.A. conical. I included the exit pic , these things do a number on deer!!

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Great job!Glad to see her getting involved.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
your daughter and you will remember this day the rest of your life>awsome pics,congrats

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Nice doe!! Lucky man! My daughter and son get to go next season.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts