The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so recently on my birthday my mom bought me a brinkman charcoal smoker. so on saturday we decided to make up a couple chickens. without any clue what we where doing we ended up making some killer chicken (possibly the best dang chicken ive ever eaten) so my question to all of you is...what kind of recipes do you have im excited about this thing and i would like to get some help to improve

heres a list of what i want to make soon

RIBS
HAM
BRISKET
trout(when the season comes around
JERKY
and anything else you folks will tell me tastes good thanks
Z

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I put a small turkey or big chicken on the bottom rack and a cheap canned ham on the rack above it so it drips on the bird below as they cook.Hard to beat!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I second taters link for learning how to smoke. I bought a brinkman smoker too and switched it to propane after a few times with the charcoal and I can tell ya it was worth it.

so far I have done some pork chicken and a ham and i love it. as of lately I haven't made nothing but thats because the freezer is full of smoked meat already. I would like to do some trout or salmon then.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Here is a great one! Couple of chicken halves and make a paste out of just salt(kosher or coarse salt is the best) and olive oil. Rub on chicken skin and smoke with a small pan of water in your smoker. WOW!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I enjoy smoked chicken , and turkey is killer. The best for me is fresh smoked trout. I like it cooked so it is still moist, on a cracker with cream cheese and chives. Also good with some finely chopped onion and capers on a cracker.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Tatter is 100% right-- smoking meats forum is the place to learn all things smoking!

I like spicy foods so I make jerk chicken in the smoker with the peppers we grow and use whole allspice berries in with the wood chips. (my exact recipe is on the other computer but its basically fresh ground allspice, thyme and Scotch Bonnet peppers(or Habs), a little oil, from there Ill add onion and other spices depending on mood and maybe a shot of oj Then run it all through the food processor)

You should add ABT's(Atomic Buffalo Turds) or a fatty to last list too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts