The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the possible inclusion of semi auto's for various game I was considering purchasing this rifle as a back up for myself and/or a good starter for the kids. I really like multipurpose and I think this would be a great addition to the coyote arsenal as well. Most all the deer/coyotes I've killed have been inside of 80 yds. Also this gun can shoot all 300 AAC Blackout ammo as well.

Looks like all the hunting ammo choices are various 110 gr vmax's or similar cartridges or Winchester has the Deer Hunter XP in 150 grain. Anybody have any experiences with this ammo or similar ammo in the caliber? My gut instinct tells me to start with the heavier slower Winchesters since my shots are normally closer.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After reading more and watching some YouTube videos it looks like the Barnes Vortex 110 gr bullets are in my sights. Excellent reviews and impressive gel tests.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a 300aac bolt gun that i used this year. Shot a doe at avout 70 yards and it dropped her in her tracks, using a handloaded 110 grain barnes tsx.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts